Quick & Easy Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe
Jam makes the perfect accompaniment to toast, crackers or tarts but is generally loaded with refined sugar, artificial color, and nasty preservatives. Some people venture to make their own and spend hours in the kitchen reducing fruit and boiling cans, but none of this is necessary. Yes, it’s true, jam doesn’t have to be complicated to taste great. This strawberry chia jam recipe takes 15 minutes and requires no tricky canning techniques. It’s low in sugar and contains healthy fats and protein.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons raw organic sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Barlean’s Organic Chia Seeds
Read more: The Seeds of Life-Chia, Flax, Hemp and Pumpkin
- In a sauce pot combine strawberries, water and sugar.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until strawberries are plump and softened.
- Use a potato masher or fork to smash the strawberries (you want them broken up and almost resembling a purée).
- Remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds. Let jam cool and transfer to an airtight container.
- I like a mason jar (or jam jar) but you can use any airtight container. Store jam in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, if it lasts that long!