This oil is one of the best natural cures a person would have. Also known as Melaleuca oil, the tea tree oil is collected from the Melaleuca alternifolia leaves.
The secret behind its power and quality if often due to the fact that this oil consists of over 92 different components.
Tea tree oil is mostly grown on the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia and to Southeast Queensland.
When it first got discovered, by researcher Arthur Penfold in the 1920s, it was immediately subjected for analysis. Those found that this oil possesses extraordinary health benefits that escalated its popularity immediately. Today, there are a total of eight different tea tree species, all used in the medical and cosmetic industry.
One of the biggest pluses from using Melaleuca oil in the everyday life is its ability to filter and purify the organism from toxins.
Back in the day, ancient folks used the leaves to perform inhalation that served the purpose of cleansing. Also, the leaves were used as a wound treatment and could help with sunburns and irritation due to their cooling qualities.
Tea tree oil takes good care of the skin, leaving it refreshed, hydrated and young. If taken orally, it boosts the immunity and gives extra energy boost.
Qualities of Melaleuca alternifolia
Here are all melaleuca properties you need to know:
- Immune stimulant
- Tissue regenerative
To get the best out of this oil, here is how to use it for different purposes.
To Use It Topically:
- You can apply oil to toenails and fingernails after showering to keep them healthy.
- Also, you can use a couple of drops and mix them with your regular face cleansing tonic to improve the complexion structure
- To treat irritated skin, you can add a couple of drops of the oil mixed with another base oil such as jojoba oil, almond oil, or coconut oil
- Getting rid of germs and bacteria can be achieved by mixing 30 drops of tea tree oil with 10 drops of lavender oil, clove oil, and 8 oz. of aloe Vera gel.
- Clean your house and yard by mixing a couple of drops of this oil with water. Spray it around the house and clean with dry towel after.
- The oil can also keep your dental hygiene in check. Just pour a few drops of the tea tree oil onto your toothbrush and clean it well.
To Use It Aromatically:
- Cleanse the air you breathe by adding a few drops to a diffuser
- Rub a few drops on your palms and breathe in the oil to enable expansion of the airways.
To Use It Internally:
- Mix one drop of tea tree oil with 4 oz. water
- To strengthen the immune system, combine one drop of the oil with water, warm tea, citrus beverage, or vegetable juice. You can also add coconut or olive oil to the mix.
More uses of tea tree oil:
- Cold sores
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal infections
- Congestion and respiratory tract infections
- Vaginal infections
- Insect bites and stings
Reminder: Store tea tree oil far from children’s reach and avoid eyes and ears contact. Pregnant women, breastfeeding moms or severely ill people should consult a doctor before using this treatment.