The chronic diseases can be a major cause for more than 75% of global deaths by 2020. Not only they are long-term diseases that cost us our lives, but more than two trillion dollars ares spent for medical care of chronic patients.
How To Help These Chronic Disease’s Patients
Most of these health problems rely on prescribed medications which are associated with many hazardous side-effects. They can weaken the immune system, cause some neurological problems and even provoke suicide.
Are these prescribed medications the only solution to a chronic illness or there is something else? Yes, of course! One should change the diet, the lifestyle and of course use turmeric.
According to the recent studies, turmeric can be a very effective medication with no side effects. Bear in mind that although these researches are exploratory, a deeper research is needed to estimate the given results. By now, the achieved results give a hope for those who are trying to relieve from their chronic pain.
The Healing Properties of Turmeric
This spice offers many benefits to our health, including:
- Reduce the pain in the joints and inflammation. This type of inflammation sets the basis of every chronic disease. Surprisingly, the curcumin keeps the inflammation on the molecular level and by doing that reduces chronic inflammation.
- Prevent any heart illnesses. One of the greatest reasons for any heart illness is the endothelial dysfunction. It restricts proper regulation of blood pressure in the vessels as well as blood clotting. The curcumin improves the endothelial function, preventing any heart problem.
- Anti-cancer. The cancer occurs in the body when the healthy cells begin to mutate and to grow without control. This spice kills the blood vessels in the tumors and by this prevent the growth of cancerous cells.
- Prevent immature aging. The immature aging occurs as a result of the oxidative damage in our bodies. The antioxidant properties of curcumin fight free radicals, provide the body with enzymes and make the body protected and energized.
- Reduced risk of any brain disorders. The Brain-Derived Neurothrophic Factor (BDNF) is a hormone that provides healthy growth of the brain and its decrease can cause many disorders such as depression , Alzheimer’s disease, etc. Curcumin promotes the increase of this hormone, providing the vitality of the brain and also fights Amyloid plaques found in the brain of people who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease.
How To Use Turmeric?
Is it enough to add some turmeric into your meals? Not that easy. By adding one coffee spoon of turmeric powder you will provide about 45 mg of curcumin while the most suitable dose used for therapeutic purposes is higher than 100 mg or even 3000 mg daily. The most appropriate usage is by the non-food form rather than a great number of tablespoons with turmeric.
These are several ways for optimal absorption of curcumin:
- Turmeric in the form of supplement. There is a dosage between 200-300mg of turmeric in capsules or in drops called Purathrive Liposomal Turmeric.
- The liquid form is preferred. When it comes to capsules, you have to have stronger stomach acid that resolves the capsule around the turmeric powder while the liquid turmeric absorbs itself into the blood without the need of digestion.
- Turmeric in liposomal form. It is a fat-soluble substance, meaning that it should be consumed with a good fat in order to be optimally absorbed. Many of the same liquid forms in the stores are not bent to fat and you have to add the needed fat afterwards.
However, many products on the market, including the Purathrive, involve a liposomal technology and the turmeric is encapsulated in the needed fat, delivered directly to the body cells. This type also includes fulvic acid that includes over 77 macro and trace materials as well as nutritive absorption.
How Much You Can Use?
What you should bear in mind is that you shouldn’t stop taking any of your medications and try on some curcumin without the consent of your doctor because as we previously mentioned the results in the studies are preliminary. In the case you are not on any medication, you can try some turmeric to relieve yourself from these symptoms:
- The usually prescribed medications include: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Tofranil, Tofranil PM, Sarafem, Rapiflux. All of them fluoxetine)
- The side effects they can cause include: anger, changes in the mood, pain in the muscles and the joints, irritation of the skin, nervousness.
- The preferred dose of turmeric that gave optimal results: 2 capsules of 500 mg curcumin daily.
- The usually prescribed medications include: Glucophage, glucophage XR, fortamet, glumetza.
- The side effects they can cause include: pain in the muscles, breathing difficulties, painful urination, pain in the chest and depression.
- The preferred dose of turmeric that gave optimal results: 250 mg turmeric capsule with food or 5 servings of Purathrive daily.
# Inflammation (Arthritis, Pain in the Joints)
- The usually prescribed medications include: Advil, Motrin, Motrin IB, Bayer Aspirin, Ecotrin, Clinoril, Aleve, Aspir 81, Anaprox, Tivorbex, Naprosyn, Cambia, Indocin, Indocin IV, Inocin SR, Decadron, Cataflam, Voltaren, Zorvolex, Decadron Phosphate, Dexasone, Celebrex, dexametasone Intensol.
- The side effects they can cause include: cardiovascular illness, dyspepsia, renal failure, seizures and hypersensitivity.
- The preferred dose of turmeric that gave optimal results: 500mg turmeric in capsule with food twice daily.
- The usually prescribed medications include: Liptor
- The side effects they can cause include: weaker immune system, kidney failure, infection.
- The preferred dose of turmeric that gave optimal results: 500mg turmeric in capsule with food daily.
# Gastritis, Peptic Ulcer
- The usually prescribed medications include: Prevacid, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Aciphex.
- The side effects they can cause include: blood in the urine, pain in the joints, bleeding and bruising, pain in the stomach.
- The preferred dose of turmeric that gave optimal results: 300mg of turmeric in a capsule with food or 6 Purathrive daily.
- The usually prescribed medications include: Purixan, Humira, Azasan
- The side effects they can cause include: aches, pain in the stomach, breathing difficulty, bleeding gums, pain in the chest and dehydration.
- The preferred dose of turmeric that gave optimal results: 360mg of turmeric in a capsule with food, 3 or 4 times a day.
# Alzheimer’s Disease
- The usually prescribed medications include: Aricept, Razadyne, Exelon.
- The side effects they can cause include: weight loss, problems with vision, anxiety, pain in the joints.
- The preferred dose of turmeric that gave optimal results: 100mg of turmeric in a capsule or 2 Purathrve daily.
Bear in mind the suggestions for capsules and liquid that are mentioned above. You can also use the Purathrive in your favorite smoothie or just add some drops in a glass of water. Also, the listed dosage of turmeric and its effects was tested in a conducted research while the direct effect against medication was not compared.