I saw something about fake chicken eggs in another post. I thought I’d give it a looksie and this is what I found.
Not long ago people discovered fake chicken eggs being produced and sold in China. So if you are in China be very careful buying eggs, don’t buy the fake ones!
Fake egg’s shell is made of calcium carbonate. Egg yolk and egg white are made of sodium alginate, alum, gelatin, eatable calciu
Fake egg is full of chemicals, the main ingredient calcium alginate, at most is a gel. Alum, gelatin etc are only as additives,
Cooked fake egg
Frying a fake egg, will generate more bubbles but it looks more tasty than the real egg.
How to identify fake eggs: After opening the egg, egg white and egg yolk will soon mix together.
1. Fake egg’s shell is a little shinier than the real egg, but it is not very noticeable.
2. When touch the fake egg by hand, it feels a little rougher than the real egg.
3. Shake the fake egg will make some noises, because water overflows from the solid agent.
4. Real egg smells a little like raw meat.
5. Tap the egg lightly. Real egg makes a more crisp sound than the fake egg.
6. Shortly after opening the fake egg, egg yolk and egg white will melt together. This is because the egg yolk and egg white are made of the same raw materials.
7. When frying a fake egg, the yolk will spread without being touched.