Almonds contain omega-3, omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin E, folic acid, and proteins, thus they are considered to be the most nutritious of all nut varieties. Moreover they contain minerals such as copper, zinc, selenium, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus.
Nutritionists say that almonds need to be soaked in water during the night and then you can consume them. In this way the almonds get rid of the toxins present in their coating, their gluten content is decomposed, and phytic acid is being released. Soaked almonds are very good for your health, skin, and hair.
How to prepare them?
You need to take raw almonds (organic if possible) and place them into a large bowl. Cover them with 2 cups of water per ½ cups of almonds and let them stay overnight. In the morning, you should drain the water and place them into the fridge, storing them into jars or plastic bags. The almonds will stay fresh for a week after soaking with the proper storage.
Health benefits of soaked almonds
- Reduces cholesterol levels – almonds contain monounsaturated fatty acids that are able to decrease the amount of low density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) in the bloodstream. Vitamin E is also helpful for reducing the bad cholesterol levels and also increasing the levels of the good cholesterol.
- Stop the process of aging – the vitamin E as well as other antioxidants that are contained in almonds can eliminate the harmful free radicals from your body, and in this way the process of aging will be delayed. Thus, you will look younger for a longer period of time.
- Anti-inflammatory agent – there are 17253 mg of omega-6 and 8.6 mg of omega-3 in a cup of almonds. They lower C-reactive protein levels and they are the key markers of body inflammation.
- Relieving cough – if it is hard for you to get rid of the mucus, then you should take 5 almonds that have been soaked previously and remove their skin. Next, equal quantity of candy sugar should be added and then grinded. This paste should be licked for 2 times a day for a relief.
- Losing weight – the almonds contain monounsaturated fats which easily satisfy food cravings and help you lose extra body weight.
- Protects against birth defects in newborns – the folic acid helps in reducing the chances of defects, and pregnant women should consume soaked almonds.
- Prevents cancer – you can reduce the risks of developing breast and prostate cancer by consuming soaked almonds. They are packed with flavonoids and vitamin E which can prevent these types of cancer from occurring. This helps in increasing life expectancy by lowering cancer incidence. When the almonds are soaked, they contain vitamin B17 and it is highly important for fighting cancer.
- Helps with weak memory – for eliminate brain weakness and sharpen memory you can prepare them in several ways. 1. Soak 10 almonds in water and let them stay during the night. Remove their skin in the morning and then add 2 tsp of butter as well as some candy sugar. Take them for a period of 2 months. 2. Take grams of candy sugar and fennel seeds and add 7 almonds, grinding them and taking them with hot milk at night for a period of 40 days. Your vision and memory will be sharpened, and brain weakness will be removed. During this period do not drink water at night. 3. Add 10 almonds ground finely to 500 ml of milk. Bring the milk to boil for 3 times. Cool the milk and then add the sugar. During the night, take 1 tsp of the mixture in equal quantities of ground fennel seeds and ground almonds with cool water. Take them daily. They can help you relieve headaches.