Myocardial infarction is mainly perceived as an event that occurs with lightning speed in everyday life. The man who is a victim, but also his relatives, often do not know how to behave in such circumstances.
Doctors often hear the question: “How to recognize a heart attack?” and “What to do when a man finds himself in such a state?”
The fact is that in such a situation the victims and their closest , the both have right , but these mistakes can have fatal consequences .
Why are the first hours after a heart attack so dangerous?
When is perform a heart attack can occur two threatening complications:
1. Acute heart rhythm disorder.
2. The heart does not pump blood.
The heart is in the first hours after a heart attack is very susceptible to the disorder of rhythm. It is dangerous when the heart is ticking more than 300 times per minute. If this rhythm disturbance has been rectified, there is a complete breakdown of the circulatory system. The cause of this dangerous phenomena is insufficient filling the heart chambers due to an accelerated heart rate.
This rhythm disturbance is independent of the weight of a heart attack and may occur with small infarct zone. Quick medical treatment can save lives. Even in cases where there is no doctor apparatus for removing rhythm disturbances (defibrillator) can help in reviving until the arrival of an ambulance.
QUICK ADMISSION TO THE HOSPITAL IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR PATIENTS
In addition to the rapid recognition and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias that endanger the life, the appropriate measures can reduce the risk by bringing a heart attack regardless of its weight. Therefore, treatment should begin within the first three hours of the onset of a heart attack. Unfortunately, patients almost always late arriving at the clinic, so that contemporary measures to reduce the risk of heart attack can not be fully applied.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS AND SIGN OD MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION ( stroke)
Signs that may indicate a heart attack that threatens, can be observed as the following phenomena:
– In patients who already suffer from angina, heart attacks are more frequent and stronger, and some seizures last longer or perform even when the patient is at rest.
– New attacks like feeling of narrowing of the chest (stenocardia). In these cases, be sure to call the doctor.
HOW TO RECOGNIZED INFARCTION (heart attack)
Most people think of heart attacks as a dramatic and dangerous picture of the disease. But sometimes the disease occurs much less dramatically. Therefore, it is often said that the attack difficult to recognize. The most important signs of a heart attack are:
1. Heavy, long-term pain in the chest that spread to both arms, the stomach, between shoulder blades and in the lower jaw. It often feels burning in the chest, and the feeling can also occur in the neck or upper abdomen.
2. Strong sense of narrowness or strong pressure in the chest
3. Pale, clay color face, cold sweat on his forehead and upper lip, or even the entire face.
4. The need for air (shallow breathing), which forces the patient to immediately lie down or sit down.
5. Sudden stoppage blood flow (collapse without loss of consciousness).
ADVICE FOR CRITICALLY ILL PATIENTS
In the case of the difficulties that we listed above , if the situation does not improve within 15-30 minutes, should seek immediate medical attention. If the doctor can not arrive immediately, no need to waste time, but call the emergency doctor. Time is running , you will recognize a dangerous situation, the pain is very strong and the patient is very weak and has symptoms from the list above.
Patients who are prone to the risk of heart attack, unconditional have with your spouse to develop a plan of behavior in case of attack. It is better to create a plan because everything is good when you feel fine, but when a heart attack occurs , many people waste a lot of valuable time.
WHAT TO DO IN THE MOMENT WHEN HEART ATTACK HAPPENS
The following must be determined:
– A patient with a raised upper body put to bed.
– Remove tie, collar or bra
– Turn off the radio or television.
– Maximum waiting time shall be at least 30 minutes but with symptoms that indicate a high risk, there is no waiting time.
– The telephone number of personal doctors and paramedics to keep in a prominent place.
– During the call, the doctor should provide the following information: name, age, describe problems and known risk factors, but also the facts that it was a heart attack.
– Immediately after the end of a phone conversation to ask someone to take care that the doctor quickly finds a house or apartment.
– Do not leave the patient.
– Avoid panic
In the case, to performances, sudden unconsciousness before to doctor arrive (head fall to the side), lie down the patient and if hitting the cheeks are without success , o start with reanimation.
Even sometimes there are wrong alarms , it is still less error than miss a procedure that could save lives. This takes on greater significance when we know that 60% of heart attack patients die before admission to hospital. Therefore, to reduce the mortality rate is very important as soon as possible to provide medical assistance to the patient who has a heart attack.