Very often you have the impression that you’ll die of hunger. But that feeling does not have to reflect the actual need for food, but only a desire to correct the mood.
If you do not have physical signs of hunger, it means that you are not really hungry, but only you have an irresistible desire to eat something.
Why do you eat when you’re not hungry?
– Boring you.
– Dissatisfied with what you’re doing (at home or at work), and use every opportunity to bite something to himself afforded a moment of enjoyment.
– You sad or are stressed.
– Think only about food. Consuming foods you love leads to increased secretion of endorphins, the hormone of good mood.
– If the food is sweet (chocolate, cake,etc), in the blood increases and the concentration of serotonin, which is a real anti-depressant.
The problem arises when because of mood swings you turn to food even though you are not hungry.
You can solve that if you try next:
1. Stop the circle
You eat so much chocolate pretzels ,you eat in one breath the whole package. Then you feel guilty, punish ourselves by renouncing the lunch, you experience bad, but in the end again overeat.
When you eat the nerves most important thing is to stop the habit. Keep a food diary, and write your desires for food and your feelings at that moment . You will know when you eat because you’re bored or because you’re really hungry.
2. Get more sleep
A few more hours of sleep is very important to begin to eat healthier. According to a study of 2011 people who slept 4 hours bring 300 more calories than those who sleep 9 hours. Lack of sleep leads to frustration.
3. Keep down the desire for unnecessary food
If you eat chocolate, there is a scientific explanation – it releases endorphins which make you feel satisfied. Therefore, when the level drops endorphins in the body can make you feel uncomfortable because of what you crave fatty foods.
To suppress these desires, it is important to determine whether you’re really a hungry or just keep your fears.
It may sound strange, but if you allow yourself to eat more often by little, you will minimize unnecessary desire for food and the chances of overeating.
5. Replace the food plan
Emotional eating is really a way to change your feelings at the moment but you don’t must to do that , so find an alternative way to deal with them. Plan at least 5 varieties to cope with emotions. For example, if you’re bored, take to the park with your baby, meet with a friend for coffee or join the online discussion with moms who have similar problems.
Also, you can try this:
Remember when was your last meal and refrain.Remove from office all food that can tempt you (biscuits, chocolate, snacks…).
Before you go to purchase, make a list of things to buy and do not put the cart foods that you can not resist.Also would not be bad if you always have with you almonds which you can mislead a hunger.
Certainly, should not be exaggerated with nuts. If you feel an attack of hunger, eat some almonds and drink a glass of lukewarm water and lemon.
But what we can do if we are always hungry even when we are not under the stress?
Possible reasons for this situation are:
– The last time you ate was before at least four hours, as much as the stomach on average needed to digest food.
– Lack of eating, because the body is not getting enough calories.
– You’ve spent too many calories since your last meal.
– You had a sports activity, you are preparing the house, cultivated garden … Your muscles have spent more sugar and therefore occurs hypoglycemia.
What can we do to solve that:
– If you don’t want to feel hungry between meals, eat foods rich in plant fiber, which prolongs the feeling of fullness (legumes, whole grains, fruit).
– Keep in mind that foods that contain slow sugars also saturate: wholemeal bread, meat, fish and dairy products.
– Therefore, it is better to eat breakfast brown bread instead of white, oatmeal instead of corn flakes and eat a piece of fruit instead of drinking a glass of fruit juice.
Do not skip lunch!
Avoid permanent and uncontrolled snacking, If you are hungry in the morning before breakfast because you had some sports activity , you can eat yogurt for a snack and sweet cereal.
Studies have shown that the nerve centers that generates excessive desire for food are the same ones that cause addiction.
If you eat every four hours, you will not feel hungry.
Try these tips and you will solve all your problems of eating disorders.