Malignant disease or tumor occurs when the body fails to recognize and destroy cells that can not reproduce normally. Why?
For the average man daily replicates around 100.000.000 cells, a number that in itself implies that some of them replicate the error. One of the main functions of the immune system is to detect and destroy such cells, and if it fails, that resulting with tumor (cancer). This means that the tumor (cancer), primarily is a disease of immunity dysfunction.
The beginning of the process represents an error in the replication of cells. There are numerous causes an increase in the number of such errors, and the causes are mostly chemicals (carcinogens) , viruses, and of course – age.
Another thing that leads to the cancer is when the immune system does not recognize abnormal cell If such cells pass unnoticed and divides again, then often leads to the third step and that is:when the immune system does not react (or not react ideal) and allow the tumor continues to grow. In most cases the body will overcome the tumor for several days / weeks / months of its existence, but tumor sometimes avoid detection and grows until it becomes so large,and can contain hundreds of millions of cells. It happens that this process can take up to 10 years, and then for the immune system is so difficult to organize an effective defense against the attackers.
Malignant diseases are life-threatening if do not detected in time.They are insidious because they often do not give symptoms,or gives symptoms that are similar to other diseases.Some tumors producing symptoms when they are at an advanced stage .
There are many types of cancer, but these are the main categories:
Carcinoma – originating from the epithelium of the skin, mucous membranes or tissues that cover internal organs,
Sarcoma – cancer of the soft tissue – the fibers of muscle, bone, cartilage, fat, blood vessels or connective tissues in and around joints,
Leukemia – cancer of the blood – starts in the bone marrow, where blood cells are created, where as amended and useless cells go into the blood,
Lymphoma and myeloma – a cancer of the lymphatic system (lymph nodes-nodes and lymph vessels) It begins and affects all immune cells in the body
Tumors of the nervous system – the brain, spinal cord and develops in the tissues that constitute brain and spinal cord.
All tumors are not cancerous , there are benign and malignant tumor.
Benign tumors do not spread to adjacent organs or through the blood, it is easy to remove but can reappear in the same place.
Malignant tumors can spread to surrounding organs, blood and lymph in various other parts of the body, affecting at the same time an organ / system or more organs (liver, lung) / system (bones).Leukemia does not have form of tumors, is a cancer of the whole bone marrow that children and young people have in all the bones and adults have it in the flat bones and the ends of long tubular bones.
– Fixed factors are genetic factors and pollution of the environment.
– The variable factor is lifestyle.
– Improper diet, psychological stress, exhaustion overtime work and insufficient sleep decreased protective capacity of the body.
– About 35% of malignant diseases associated with nutrition.
– Excessive fat intake increases the mortality from breast cancer and colon cancer.
– Increases the probability of prostate cancer, endometrial and ovarian cancer.
– Fried foods contain carcinogenic acrolein.
– Too much protein (especially animal) food increases the risk of cancers of the colon, breast, kidney, prostate and pancreas.
– Vegetarians rarely get cancer.
– Ready-industrial foods contain additives and preservatives that may be carcinogenic because they are not yet sufficiently investigated or are in contact with the food they conserved.
– For example nitrites, which are preservation for meat products, in contact with amines from meat produce carcinogenic nitrosamines.
Recommendations for proper nutrition are:
– Reduce frying food in order to avoid the creation of acrolein
– Eat less junk food. Special cut puff pastry from the bakery (croissants, pancerote) and entering snacks (chips, smoke), because they contain a lot of fat dubious quality.
– Reduce intake of meat products (sausages, salami, ham, chicken breast) in order to avoid the creation of nitrosamines.
– Increase intake of whole grains (whole grain): wholemeal bread, wholemeal rolls, brown rice. Whole grains have more dietary fiber that help the body to easily remove harmful substances from the intestine .They speed up bowel movements and bind harmful substances themselves and throw them.
– Increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables Because fruits abound with plant fibers
– To provide optimal energy intake, especially pay attention to fat intake does not exceed 30%. It is best to consult a specialist in nutrition.
– Reduce salt intake (max 6 g daily)
– Increase physical activity
– Reduce alcohol consumption (1 drink per day for women, two for men)
– Maintain normal body weight (obesity is associated with a higher risk for cancer of the esophagus, pancreas and kidneys).
– Do not smoke cigarettes.
– Eat more plant foods instead of animal.
– Breast-feeding children because breastfeeding has many benefits for both mother and child.
Ensure an optimal intake of vitamins and minerals that are antioxidants:
– Vitamin A and beta-carotene against lung cancer
– Vitamin E and vitamin C prevents the formation of nitrosamines and protect from gastric cancer
– Selenium against tumors of the lung, breast, prostate and colon cancer
– Iodine against cancer of the thyroid gland
– Calcium against colon cancer
– Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant, the amount in the body begins to decreases after 30th years.
Food that protect our body from cancer
Vegetables ( peppers ,kale, tomato, black onion and garlic, spinach, cabbage,brocoli , ginger, carrots, cauliflower, celery).
Beta-carotene (against lung cancer) found in fruits and vegetables can help prevent cancer . Beta carotene leads to the formation of immune bodies that directly kill cancer cells.
Fruits are too rich with flavonoids that neutralize excellent cancer cells. Calcium also protect us from pancreas cancer.It can be found in dairy products.
Vitamins and minerals can enter through supplements but we always recommended natural because fruits and vegetables except vitamins also contains a hundreds of other substances like :flavonoids , various pigments with antioxidant activity, quercetin,carotenoids (from carrots, melons, apricots), lycopene (from tomatoes) , lutein etc…